[OpenIndiana-discuss] Framework error: code: 28 reason

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed Jun 8 09:19:39 UTC 2011

On 06/06/2011 08:43, Jake Young wrote:

> Hello Alexander,
>
> I had a similar problem, but I'm in the US.  It was resolved by setting
> PKG_CLIENT_TIMEOUT=300 in my environment.  I'm on a 50Mbps cable modem, so I
> don't think the issue is a bandwidth issue on my end.
>

> Errors were encountered while attempting to retrieve package or file data
> for
> the requested operation.
> Details follow:
>
> Framework error: code: 28 reason: Operation too slow. Less than 1024
> bytes/sec transfered the last 30 seconds
> http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev-il/file/1/640d942ab80fe98b06e0eec0e7ac586bcd226e29'.
> (happened 3 times)
>

> I wanted to show a traceroute, but I don't get responses back to the
> traceroute requests after it gets out of the Comcast network.
>
> Try the snoop again with a "-t a" thrown in there so we can see the timing
> information.

Hello.
The problem was resolved. It was related to interface and vlan setup.  I
had vlan interface configured on top of the physical interface. IP
address was configured on this vlan interface. Setting MTU on physical
interface to 1504 and 1500 on vlan interface helped to resolve problem
with OI repositories (or 1500 on physical and 1496 on vlan). I don't
understand, why this settings had to be done by hands (e.g. on FreeBSD
hosts with similar configuration I never corrected MTU manually - it
worked without any interventions...
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,