[OpenIndiana-discuss] Framework error: code: 28 reason

Jake Young jak3kaj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 04:43:33 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 4:13 AM, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:

> I'm really surprised:
>
> # pkg set-publisher -O http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev/ openindiana.org
> # pkg publisher
> PUBLISHER                             TYPE     STATUS   URI
> openindiana.org          (preferred)  origin   online
> http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev/
> # pkg set-publisher -O http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev-il/ openindiana.org
> Refreshing catalog 1/1 openindiana.org
> pkg set-publisher: Could not refresh the catalog for openindiana.org
>

> 1: Framework error: code: 28 reason: Operation too slow. Less than 1024
> bytes/sec transfered the last 30 seconds
> http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev-il/openindiana.org/catalog/1/catalog.dependency.C'.
> (happened 4 times)
>

> So, it seems there is some problem related to dev-il repository and not a
> network problem...
>

> On 06/01/2011 09:20, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>
>> Let's continue my conversation with myself.
>> I've found out that problem exists with all pkg.openindiana.org
>> repositories. If I use /dev repository from pkg-2.de.openindiana.org, it
>> works fine (at least I can do pkg refresh). Unfortunately, this host
>> doesn't have /dev-il repository. So, is there any way to get a copy of
>> /dev-il to deploy it on local computer?
>>

> --
> Best regards,
> Alexander Pyhalov,
> system administrator of Computer Center of Southern Federal University

Hello Alexander,

I had a similar problem, but I'm in the US.  It was resolved by setting
PKG_CLIENT_TIMEOUT=300 in my environment.  I'm on a 50Mbps cable modem, so I
don't think the issue is a bandwidth issue on my end.

Errors were encountered while attempting to retrieve package or file data
for
the requested operation.
Details follow:

Framework error: code: 28 reason: Operation too slow. Less than 1024
bytes/sec transfered the last 30 seconds
http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev-il/file/1/640d942ab80fe98b06e0eec0e7ac586bcd226e29'.
(happened 3 times)

I wanted to show a traceroute, but I don't get responses back to the
traceroute requests after it gets out of the Comcast network.

Try the snoop again with a "-t a" thrown in there so we can see the timing
information.

Jake