[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI 148/151dev, intel915 Xorg freezes

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Jun 8 16:23:02 UTC 2011

On 06/ 8/11 03:22 AM, Olaf Bohlen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm in trouble with my "new" hp ProBook 6450b. It has a i915 Intel
> graphics card installed and running it with the vesa driver in Xorg
> works.
> If I want to use the "intel" driver from Xorg to use DRI, I just get a
> black screen (it switches to graphics mode, but nothing appears on the
> screen).
> According to Xorg.0.log everything works fine, no errors are printed.

Are you testing this by running the full desktop or just running Xorg?

If you run Xorg by itself, then a black screen is expected unless you
pass the -retro flag to bring back the old grey weave or start some
programs to display on it.   (This is to reduce flickering/flashing
when bringing up the desktop normally - no need to fill the screen
with grey between the grub splash image and the gdm login screen.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com