[OpenIndiana-discuss] GUI: Services menu command

Dmitry G. Kozhinov dima at desktopfay.com
Thu Jun 9 21:27:05 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Is it possible to bring back the "System | Administration | Services"
GNOME menu command, pointing to usr/lib/vp-services, which existed in
OpenSolaris, but absent in OpenIndiana for some reason? BTW I like the
simple layout of this GUI window in OSol 2009.06 and OI 151 (as opposed
to newer layout in OSol 134 and Sol11Express).

I can add this launcher by hand, but I see no reason not having it in OI
151 by default. When adding the launcher by hand, where can I find an
icon for it?

Dmitry.