[OpenIndiana-discuss] CIFS Domain mode

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Fri Jun 10 19:25:37 UTC 2011

Thanx, but it was a very silly problem: all the domain definitions were about a ".NET" domain.
Then I found the resolv.conf had ".LAN"......
It works just great now ;)
Da: Lucas Van Tol
A: openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org
Data: 9 giugno 2011 17.28.49 CEST
Oggetto: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] CIFS Domain mode
I have had to add the domain controller into /etc/hosts as the location for the domain
(so a "*domain controller IP* domain.lan"   entry) ; as well as having to set
sharectl set -p lmauth_level=2 smb
for some Windows domain controllers.
I don't believe I have ever needed to install kerberos separately, or enable the kdc.
-Lucas Van Tol