[OpenIndiana-discuss] Backups and snapshots

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Fri Jun 10 19:56:42 UTC 2011

Thanx for the reply ;)
I read somewhere that NFS is much slower than having an iscsi device.
Somewherelse they said the contrary....
What if I have a virtual openindiana server? should I zfs over an exported zfs device?
Nooo...I don't think so....so NFS.
Is it good for cyrus/postfix and so on?
Then...what about a postgres db on NFS? and MySQL?
About windows.......should I boot on the iscsi disk? I don't think so...
What about SQLServer (...yes...people us it...) data files?...no way, just iscsi or local disks....
It's a complete mess....backup is a mess here...
But I love ZFS :) that's why I brainstorm at 22:00 here :)