[OpenIndiana-discuss] Backups and snapshots

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Fri Jun 10 19:37:39 UTC 2011

A lot of questions :)  What I am doing for various servers: they are
backed up (excluding various dirs) to the OI box via rsync.  The rsyncd
config file is set up so that after every run, the destination directory
has a snapshot taken with the date&time.  I stopped using iSCSI for the
same reasons you mentioned, so NFS and CIFS (except my daughters win7
boxes, since win7 home will not back up to a network share, whereas an
iscsi target looks like a local disk.)