[OpenIndiana-discuss] Configure static IP with nwam

Serge Fonville serge.fonville at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 22:47:46 UTC 2011

Hi Gary,

I've been using NWAM on a computer with one static and one dynamic IP
> interface.  Is that close to what you need?  This was with Solaris 11
> Express, so it may be different with OI.
> I found that I couldn't use the default `Automatic' ncp and loc.  I
> had to create a new ncp, a new ncu, and a new loc with `nwamcfg'.
> Then I enabled the new loc with `nwamadm', replacing the `Automatic'
> loc.  This enabled ipfilter and replaced /etc/resolv.conf and
> /etc/nsswitch.conf .  Then I used `nwamcfg' to create the ncu phys
> and ncu ip for the static interface.  I also had to use it to create
> a default route, associated with the dynamic interface.
> It is quite a complicated procedure, but it is documented in the
> nwamadm and nwamcfg man pages.

I managed to figure things out with nwam
I now have an interface with multiple static IP addresses.

So thanks for all the help so far

The only thing I want now is to have nwam configure an aggregated interface
with a static ip

I could add an interface for aggr1m but when I enabled the ncp, it didn't
show up in the list of interfaces

Does anyone here know if this is possble and if so, how?

Thanks again in advance

Kind regards/met vriendelijke groet,

Serge Fonville

http://www.sergefonville.nl