[OpenIndiana-discuss] [illumos-Discuss] branding for illumos/openindiana

Ken Gunderson kgunders at teamcool.net
Tue Jun 21 16:26:48 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 21:11 -0400, Jake wrote:
> I totally agree. OpenIndiana describes the distro quite well, since it is the opensource bits of the Solaris Indiana release; but the reference is totally lost to anyone not familiar with what OpenSolaris was.
>
> I think a Sun reference would be fitting.

Why?  The Sun has set some time ago.  There's nothing to see here now.
Time to move along, move along.  Perhaps you're thinking that a
reference to Sun obscure enough to avoid a lawsuit would in some way be
attractive to business.  I think the opposite - anyone who's been around
for a while has their Oracle horror story so why would we want to
associate.  And by Oracle, I'm referencing the corporate entity, not
contributing individuals who happen to be employed by same.

--
Regards-- Ken Gunderson