[OpenIndiana-discuss] [illumos-Discuss] branding for illumos/openindiana

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Tue Jun 21 19:55:58 UTC 2011

I have to say, as someone who is far more linux/bsd savvy, I have had a
tough time trying to evangelize Opensolaris to people for ZFS use in
SAN/NAS environments (not even trying to address regular server usage),
and there is for sure a lot of NIH (a friend asked me "I thought ZFS was
dead, cuz Oracle bought and killed Sun?").  Point being: if we get too
clever, we won't even get a sniff from folks - that is my main concern
with using clever names and such...