[OpenIndiana-discuss] oracle removes 32bit x86 cpu support for solaris 11 will OI do same?

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 09:05:56 UTC 2011

One that strikes me as odd on that list is under "OpenWindows Libraries"

"... However, if required, the applications that use OpenWindows
Libraries can be run in Oracle Solaris 10 Zones"

I thought that the renumbering of zones was just that and not a
rebranding with libraries ... in fact I was pretty certain that that
was advised against.

does anyone know if we still have access to the old legacy drivers
(not necessarily the old graphics drivers) ... in case we need to
support legacy hardware in the future?

Jon