[OpenIndiana-discuss] Kernel Panic installing openindiana on a HP BL460c G1

Johan Guldmyr johan.guldmyr at csc.fi
Mon Jun 27 11:33:20 UTC 2011

On 06/27/2011 10:52 AM, Mark wrote:
> Have you tried deleting the solaris partition from the hard disk (via
> format) ?
>
> It can help prevent detection of an existing, broken filesystem.
>
> Mark.

Hello Mark,

I deleted the partition via format, created a new one of 50% and then in
install I chose to install on the 2nd half of the disk. Same panic
(except that unix:trap+43e changed from value +1799). It however still
saw the boot menu.
Ran a 'dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rdsk/c1t0d0p0 count=1' and same without
the count (stopped after an hour) and then it stopped instead. Still
panicked when I tried after that (and then the trap was back to 1799).

Btw, the format option inside 'format' is not supported on this controller.

As seen in the cpqary3 man page:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19253-01/816-5177/6mbbc4g3m/index.html

// Johan