[OpenIndiana-discuss] Kernel Panic installing openindiana on a HP BL460c G1

Steve Gonczi gonczi at comcast.net
Mon Jun 27 13:42:31 UTC 2011

Hello,

This should be analyzed and root caused.
A ::stack woudl be useful to see the call parameters.

Without disassembling zio_buf_alloc() I can only guess that
the mutex_enter you see crashing is really in kmem_cache_alloc()

If that proves to be the case, I would verify the offset of cc_lock in ccp, to see if
ccp was null, or corrupt.

Next step would be a trip to the kmem_cpu _cache related code, to see if
KMEM_CPU_CACHE can return zero or a corrupt value in some cases.

Again, my guess would be this is a NULL pointer dereference,.

Does this system suffer from a severe "out of memory" condition?

Best Wishes,

Steve

*/ 2486 void * 2487 kmem_cache_alloc ( kmem_cache_t * cp , int kmflag ) 2488 { 2489 kmem_cpu_cache_t * ccp = KMEM_CPU_CACHE ( cp ); 2490 kmem_magazine_t * fmp ; 2491 void * buf ; 2492 2493 mutex_enter (& ccp -> cc_lock );

/sG/