[OpenIndiana-discuss] Apache OpenOffice.org

Sriram Narayanan sriram at belenix.org
Wed Jun 29 18:38:39 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 10:18 PM, L'oiseau de mer <oiseaumer at gmail.com>wrote:

> since oracle drop the OOo, we have a long time to only OOo 3.3 can use.
> And LibreOffice is not frendly about solaris platform.
> Now OOo is starting renascence in apache incubator.
> Hoping anyone to join the new OOo mailing list.
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/
>
> All together help to build the OpenOffice for Solaris/OpenIndiana platform.
> Maybe I am first member that use Solaris platform in Apache OpenOffice.org.
> But the experience about build OOo is poor.

I'm lurking on the Apache OOo.org mailing list. Things are still being setup
and sorted out in terms of source code, dependencies, etc, so this will take
some days more.

It seems to me that it'd be worth ensuring that both openoffice and
libreoffice build on the openindiana ecosystem, until the two communities
figure out how they're going to collaborate and what common build and test
infrastructure they'll share or set up.