[OpenIndiana-discuss] Good SLOG devices?

Ivar Janmaat ijanmaat at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 2 07:52:21 UTC 2011

Thank you!

I read in the DDRdrive paper that X-25E does not have  a power cell
onboard to complete operations if power fails.
The Vertex 2 Pro does have some capacitors to complete operations after
power failure.
I think that makes the Vertex a bit more interesting. Or should I go for
a UPS?
I have already done some statistics with zilstate. I will try to see if
I can also do some wear calculations.
The problem is however that I first need to build the system so it can
support lots of VMs.
The proper ZIL statistics will be only then available when the system
reaches full load.

Kind regards,

Ivar