[OpenIndiana-discuss] [illumos-Developer] ZFS spare disk usage issue

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Fri Mar 4 18:38:06 UTC 2011

We're using 12GB for the smaller ones and up to 64GB for the larger ones with more traffic. L2ARC is usually two 256GB Micron (former Crucial) C300s, but larger on others. And no, we're NOT using USB storage for this. IMHO USB storage is strictly for termporary/removable storage. The only exception I can think of, is some SuperMicro machines that come with an internal DVD attached to USB. Apart from that, forget USB mass storage. Use SAS or SATA or something else that works.

roy