[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris Express server name broadcast

hairryharry hairryharry at tesco.net
Sun Mar 6 10:28:06 UTC 2011

As a relative newbie this strikes me as an opportunity to both show
people that OI exists and is a woth while OS to use and provide a
repository of useful info and fixes for problems.

I totally agree that we should not be providing support for Oracle -
that is the decisions made when the support from OSOL ended.

But how about looking at an answer from the perspective of ..."sorry
mate cannot advice you on Sol express because... not supported etc...
but if you were using OI this is how ...."

This way the mail list shows how supportive it can be to OI users and
provides everyone to fixes for problems.

HH