[OpenIndiana-discuss] Building a machine

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 14:44:22 UTC 2011

Scott,

As for additional PCIe SATA cards, there are a few proven SATA cards mentioned in the Openindiana Community HCL. Companies like LSI sell them as well as a few more - but make sure you have driver support.

Like the Fractal Design Array R2 Mini ITX NAS unit, you put the OS on something like the SSD and the data on the storage pool.

A bunch of SATA-II hard drives is good enough for file serving and the cost is down to even get the fancier ones for video streaming and such.

~ Ken Mays