[OpenIndiana-discuss] Making a Custom Solaris LiveCD

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 18:03:51 UTC 2011

Can anyone point me to documentation, scripts, Makefile, etc that explains how the OI LiveCD is created?  I've done a lot of searches w/o finding anything other than references to using a LiveCD.

Because of the limitations on installing flash archives (i.e. requires network access) and booting from USB disk (won't generally work on any port) I'm building a setup to install zfs stream images from DVD.

I've succeeded in doing this using the failsafe miniroot, but I'd like to do something more elegant.  Ideally I'd like to boot from a USB disk and install any of several preconfigured system images, but I'll settle for booting a DVD and installing one.  Having a boot system which has man pages and multiple windows would be much nicer than the failsafe miniroot.

thanks,
Reg