[OpenIndiana-discuss] 3TB disks for tank zpool? Can only use 2 TB.

John McEntee jmcentee at stirling-dynamics.com
Tue Mar 22 17:48:47 UTC 2011

>> test being the single 3 TB disk pool.
>>
>> My google skills seem week on this problem, as I seem to be only able
>> find stuff about 4kb sectors and not being able to boot > 2TB yet.
>>
>> Can I use 3TB disks, if so how?
>
>I just finished replacing 7x3+1(spare) 2TB drives with Hitachi 3TB ones, and it works like a dream. Also, Hitachi 3TB drives have 512 byte sector size, >only a larger LBA (don't remember how many bits).

What release are you using, I assume as you are on this mailing list it could be OpenIndiana. Did you do anything special with the disks or did you just add them and it worked?

I am currently using opensolaris snv_134

Thanks

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are strictly confidential and are solely for the person(s) at the e-mail address(es) above. If you are not an addressee, you may not disclose, distribute, copy or use this e-mail, and we request that you send an e-mail to admin at stirling-dynamics.com and delete this e-mail.  Stirling Dynamics Ltd. accepts no legal liability for the contents of this e-mail including any errors, interception or interference, as internet communications are not secure.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Stirling Dynamics Ltd. Registered In England No. 2092114 Registered Office: 26 Regent Street, Clifton, Bristol. BS8 4HG
VAT no. GB 464 6551 29