[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI boot problem

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 26 19:28:40 UTC 2011

> Thanks - I've tried what you suggest but as noted above "reboot"
> just leads to the black screen with GRUB_.
>
> In the scenario of my previous post, if I do
> pfexec bootadm update-archive -R /a/b
>
> I get
>
> bootadm: missing /boot/grub on root: /a/b
>
> and I don't know how to fix that.

Mount the BE with beadm after importing rpool:

# beadm list
# beadm mount OS_148 /a
# /a/usr/sbin/installgrub /a/boot/stage1 /a/boot/stage2 dev/rdsk/c0d0s0

The device should be replaced with the your device. I believe you can
use format to identify your disk. Now you can do the update-archive thing.

A.S.

Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece