[OpenIndiana-discuss] ATI radeon hd 6850 gnome issue

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 27 14:02:16 UTC 2011

Hi Mikolaj,

I reviewed the AMD Radeon HD 6990 which 'seemed to work' with OI_148.

You can do 'xrandr -s 1920x1080 -r 60' to get basic 1080p 2D resolution using the radeon driver.

Then, go into preferences/display/theme appearances to change gnome's window frame appearance. Also, you can do 'gtk-window-decorator --replace' to fix it.

~ Ken Mays