[OpenIndiana-discuss] ATI radeon hd 6850 gnome issue

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sun Mar 27 15:50:36 UTC 2011

On 03/26/11 01:42 PM, Mikolaj Walkiewicz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I uninstalled compiz because it caused 'white screen' after logging in.
>
> Here is Xorg.0.log

You may note that the very long list of cards supported by the radeon driver
in that log does not include *any* Radeon HD 6xxx models - that driver (6.13.1)
is simply too old for that card.   The newer 6.14.x drivers are available in
source form upstream, but I don't think anyone has built binary packages for
OI yet - I haven't checked to see if your card is supported in the new driver
though.

6.14.0:
   http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-announce/2011-February/001602.html

6.14.1: