[OpenIndiana-discuss] Linux vs. Solaris

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 18:02:22 UTC 2011

> Unfortunately for your logic, that is exactly what I do.  I spend 95% of
> my time using solaris, 1% of my time using linux and 4% on other
> flavours of stuff.  They all have slight nuances and I have to learn
> them.  It's not hard.

Not everyone is a system administrator and not everyone wants to
be one. I simply don't like Windows and I want a robust system to
use, that's why I am using OpenIndiana. I guess there many people
out there who are just like me. The more such people use OpenIndiana,
the more the system will be popular. And this is the reason, OpenIndiana
and Illumos must become as user-friendly as possible and even more.

A.S.

Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece