[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing on USB stick

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 16:03:16 UTC 2011

I've Installed OS on an external USB hard drive and managed to boot to
it, so I'm guessing that it should be possible with a USB stick ...
was a long time ago though, and I did do it by accident (external disk
plugged in, internal disk removed from chassis of a laptop) ...

Grub should cope if it's using ZFS (findroot command is genius!)