[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fwd: Re: Getting started with OI...smb issues

John Sneddon oi at sneddo.net
Sun May 8 02:15:43 UTC 2011

 Thanks Albert,

 I've narrowed down the problem a little. As I mentioned before, the
 shares were working correctly when accessing from my Mac (and later
 tested fine with Windows PC as well).

 The problem appears to be that if I start my OI box in the workgroup
 first, the shares are not showing up correctly on the WDTV- it just
 shows up with a WORKGROUP option, which doesn't have any shares on it.

 As soon as I switch on my Windows machine I get additional options-
 including my Windows box and OI box (which then works fine). Since I
 don't turn my Windows machine on very often, this isn't particularly
 useful!

 The WDTV Live is in the WORKGROUP workgroup, same as I joined with OI
 box. I have gone over the steps in your reply several times and the
 shares are working properly everywhere else, but obviously the
 publishing of the shares is a little odd.

 Regards,
 John