[OpenIndiana-discuss] Openindiana on V210

TJ Yang tjyang2001 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 20:57:43 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Olaf Bohlen <olafbohlen at googlemail.com> wrote:
> TJ Yang <tjyang2001 at gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hi TJ,
>
>> I don't know if there is one yet. but I created a wiki to document
>> building OI on Sparc last month.
>> As you can see, it is very raw, awaiting more contributions.
>>
>> http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Building+Sparc+OI
>
> this is a bit unverbose unfortunately :(

It was created to record my notes for this adventure. but I don't have
time for this effort now.

> I have two T2000 in spare waiting to get installed with
> OpenIndiana, I am even willing to build it by my own, but I
> definitivly need some questions answered.

> What I found is
> http://wiki.openindiana.org/display/~nikiwaibel/Bootstrap+OpenIndiana+for+Sparc
> and http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/oi_150

I am not aware of those two URLs, thanks.
but I don't have time to try the process on my blade 100 machine.

> The first link sounds good to me, I'll try it that way.
> The second one talks about pkgdev.openindiana.org, but that server
> seems to be down...
>
> It would be way easier of course if someone would have a pointer
> to a sparc repos and a bootable sparc image...

Sorry, I was not clear on previous email.
There is no O.I. iso image for Sparc CPU because it is not ready
yet(correct me if I am wrong).

tj

> --
> Olaf Bohlen      <olafbohlen at googlemail.com>
> Fon: +49 172 4561817         RIPE: DARK-RIPE
> UKW/DSC: 211501050 DH6432 S/Y Annemarie (HX)

T.J. Yang