[OpenIndiana-discuss] Open Indiana b148 on HP Proliant N36L miniserver?

dennis sexton dwsexton at gmail.com
Fri May 13 17:12:46 UTC 2011

Interesting enough, there has been a review posted on hp website

Outstanding but a bug
Date: May 3, 2011
"I like the product very much. Running nexenta/ Solaris Express 11 on
it with 8 GB RAM.
BUT: It seems the onboard SATA and the E-SATA do work in IDE modus
(altough in the BIOS AHCI selected). I put another HDD in the slot for
the optical drive and attached it to the Onboard Sata. Does not work
under nexenta/ Solaris Express. Then I saw in nexenta "IDE" on the
hard disc that failed in the pool.
You find that issue on some blogs in the internet.
PLEASE GUYS: Fix that problem in the Bios! Then you could easily use
six HDDs on the server.
Thanks
Otto"

--
Dennis Sexton
dwsexton at gmail.com
"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words." St. Francis