[OpenIndiana-discuss] Open Indiana b148 on HP Proliant N36L miniserver?

Gary gdriggs at gmail.com
Fri May 13 21:07:39 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 10:12 AM, dennis sexton quoted:

> BUT: It seems the onboard SATA and the E-SATA do work in IDE modus
> (altough in the BIOS AHCI selected). I put another HDD in the slot for
> the optical drive and attached it to the Onboard Sata. Does not work
> under nexenta/ Solaris Express. Then I saw in nexenta "IDE" on the
> hard disc that failed in the pool.

If that's the same as BIOS "compatible" mode for SATA ports then
they're supposed to be presented to the OS as traditional IDE drives.
More info may be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AHCI and
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-020811.htm#modes

If you still have concerns, follow up with HP on this issue as they
should know their hardware details better than anyone else. You
may wish to contact them by phone, email, and support fora since
the breadth of detail may vary from one media to another.

-Gary