[OpenIndiana-discuss] Suspend and Resume

Jake Young jak3kaj at gmail.com
Sat May 14 14:12:24 UTC 2011

I'm running a T61p and suspend / resume is working for me.

Does it do nothing when you try to suspend?

If so you need to enable suspend resume support in /etc/power.conf:

autopm                  default
autoS3                   default
cpu-threshold          1s
cpupm                    enable
S3-support              enable

...or does it go to sleep and then resume immediately?

There is an issue introduced in b145 that you can work around by adding this
to the end of your /etc/system file:

set pci_enable_wakeup = 0

Note that this is kind of a hack and causes issues with being able to detect
USB devices after resume...  Thats not a big deal for me since I don't use
any USB devices when I'm not docked, but could be a showstopper for a lot of
people.

See this thread: http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=133674

Unfotunately the Oracle bug tracker is down (anyone know if this is
permanent?), so you can't see the upstream status of these bugs.

Jake