[OpenIndiana-discuss] PANIC "vmem_hash_delete(): bad free" all versions > svn_111

Steve Gonczi gonczi at comcast.net
Sat May 14 14:52:00 UTC 2011

Hi Gabriel,

The immediate cause of this panic is an attempt to free an
address==null.

The intersting part (how this comes about), is hard to figure out
without more info.

At the very minimum, a stack (and some amount of luck),
ideally a crash dump would be necessary.

This brings into focus another issue. The community would benefit
from a server, where people could upload crash dumps in cases like this.

I am sure there are several people reading this list, who may be able and
inclined to take a quick look and provide a first cut diagnosis on a
volunteer basis .

Steve

/sG/

----- "Gabriel de la Cruz" <gabriel.delacruz at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
could someone point me out what is going on here?,
I have an IBM x3550 M3 panicking with any kernel version higher than
svn_111...
I tried upgrading to svn_134, installing svn_134 from live cd and with
oi_148b live cd..
The live CDs panic as well.

Any ideas?
Thanks! :D