[OpenIndiana-discuss] Update info?

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Tue May 24 01:10:46 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, May 24, 2011 08:51 AM, Gary wrote:
> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 5:16 PM, Ken Gunderson wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I read the thread, and that aspect I do agree with.  The part that
>> irked me was the this makes things more familiar for Ubuntu Linux users
>> (ir)rationale.
>
> I must have missed that part of the thread but sudo predates Linux by at
> least ten years; http://www.gratisoft.us/sudo/history.html

It's the same old Solaris admin versus Linux admin thingy. Any
shortcomings/non-existing feature in Solaris are ignored/brushed off and
anything remotely 'Linux' related gets put on the grill immediately.

I can understand wanting to keep the same interfaces but making rabid
attacks on stuff that are additional just because they are the current
Linux practice is really irrational. Hence stuff like sudo is a Linux
thing...