[OpenIndiana-discuss] Migrating zones between OpenIndiana machines

Dave Koelmeyer davekoelmeyer at me.com
Fri May 27 13:29:31 UTC 2011

On 25/05/11 06:16 PM, Okky Hendriansyah wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> What are the output of "zfs list" on both machines? I think you have to create the "myzone" ZFS dataset on machine 2 before attaching the zone to it.
>
> Regards,
> Okky Hendriansyah

Hi Okky,

Thanks for your reply, output of machine 1 (the source machine) and
machine 2 (the target):

Machine 1:

NAME                                                   USED  AVAIL
REFER  MOUNTPOINT
rpool/zones                                           7.80G   214G
34K  /rpool/zones
rpool/zones/zone_roots                                7.80G   214G
35K  /rpool/zones/zone_roots
rpool/zones/zone_roots/myzone              4.08G   214G    33K
/rpool/zones/zone_roots/myzone
rpool/zones/zone_roots/myzone/ROOT         4.08G   214G    31K  legacy
rpool/zones/zone_roots/myzone/ROOT/zbe     4.08G   214G  4.01G  legacy
rpool/zones/zone_roots/myzone/ROOT/zbe-1   78.5K   214G   525M  legacy
rpool/zones/zone_roots/myzone-2              3.72G   214G  34.5K
/rpool/zones/zone_roots/myzone-2
rpool/zones/zone_roots/myzone-2/ROOT         3.72G   214G    31K  legacy
rpool/zones/zone_roots/myzone-2/ROOT/zbe     3.72G   214G  3.72G
/rpool/zones/zone_roots/myzone-2/root
rpool/zones/zone_roots/myzone-3               300K   214G    34K
/rpool/zones/zone_roots/myzone-3
rpool/zones/zone_roots/myzone-3/ROOT          266K   214G    31K  legacy
rpool/zones/zone_roots/myzone-3/ROOT/zbe      235K   214G  4.01G  legacy

Machine 2:

NAME                                               USED  AVAIL  REFER
MOUNTPOINT
rpool/zones                                       7.59G  18.8G    32K
/rpool/zones
rpool/zones/zone_roots                            7.59G  18.8G  7.59G
/rpool/zones/zone_roots

So yes, the ""myzone" ZFS data set does not exist, but wouldn't this get
created when the zone is attached? Alternatively, creating the dataset
manually before the zone is attached does not change the behaviour, and
I get the same error message.

I'm clearly getting something confused here, any ideas?

--

Dave Koelmeyer
http://davekoelmeyer.wordpress.com/