[OpenIndiana-discuss] Where are my auto snapshots?

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sat Nov 5 16:33:32 UTC 2011

"LinuxBSDos.com" <finid at linuxbsdos.com> writes:

[...]

> On a new installation, it worked for me. You may view some screenshots of
> the snapshots as viewed from Nautilus at
> http://www.linuxbsdos.com/2011/10/15/openindiana-151a-desktop-review/

Was this in a virtual machine?

I didn't actually see any screen shots there that appeared to be
time-slider related and a search on string `time-slider' had no
results. They may well be there, I didn't spend much time looking.

> Keep in mind that this is beta, so these issues are expected.

Well, yes but then its just as `beta' for other users who report
having the time-slider working well.  The issue reported in the
`Release notes' is about a missing service... seems it would be
missing for all installations of 151a then eh?

>From Known issues at:
http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/oi_151a+Release+Notes

   ZFS time-slider and auto-snapshots not working due to missing
   zfssnap-roleadd SMF service

But yet a fair number of people have reported that it worked for them,
some even saying it worked out of the box...