[OpenIndiana-discuss] Where can I find a full Walk thru setting up nfs4 from scratch

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Wed Nov 16 14:46:00 UTC 2011

Gary Driggs <gdriggs at gmail.com> writes:

> I am a bit curious why NFSv4 would be the first choice for such a
> small LAN as the original poster's. Do you wish to use Kerberos and
> ACLs to manage access from Windows?

No, I'm not concerned with acls or kerberos at all... being as how it
is a small private lan.

I was told I could expect 20-25 percent faster transfer speeds.  That
would be enough to make it interesting since a fair bit of what would
be getting transferred would be quite large video and other graphic
formatted files.