[OpenIndiana-discuss] Best way to map SAS drives to physicalpositions

Jason Matthews jason at broken.net
Mon Oct 3 17:16:59 UTC 2011

I use the LSI sas2ircu util and fmtopo to identify and flip on the
'identify' light on my disk chassis.

I wrote a script, it is very rough and would require some tuning for your
config, but it might solve your problem if your hardware is compatible.

Compatible means, LSI controller and disk shelf that is SES2 compliant,
supports page code 0xa,  additional element status and sets the element
index present bit. If your gear does that, then I have a script that could
help you.

If you meet these restrictions, I will publish it some where along with the
sas2ircu binary that I lifted from SMC.

j.