[OpenIndiana-discuss] KVM problem

alessio alessio at ftgm.it
Wed Oct 5 08:58:59 UTC 2011

Hi.

Using qemu-kvm on Openindiana, the virtual machine freezes as soon as
the installation iso boot. Also, I cannot kill the qemu process, I must
reboot the PC. Sometime the whole system freezes.
I've used different linux distro isos and openindiana iso for the
virtual machine.

qemu-kvm -enable-kvm  -smp 1 -m 1024 -no-hpet  -localtime  -drive
file=/root/oi-dev-151a-x86.iso,media=cdrom,if=ide,index=2

I have installed Linux, and used Linux KVM, and it works.

qemu -enable-kvm  -smp 1 -m 1024 -no-hpet  -localtime  -drive
file=/root/oi-dev-151a-x86.iso,media=cdrom,if=ide,index=2

My CPU is an Intel E5800, with VT enabled.

I know that KVM on Openindiana is still in development, but someone can
suggest me something?

Ciao
A.