[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fwd: Re: [oi-dev] Documentation Systems

Tobias Famulla ebay at famulla.eu
Wed Oct 5 10:33:19 UTC 2011

Hello,

I forward the mail about the documentation system, because the feedback
on the oi-dev list wasn't that much.
Maybe it would help to start a maillinglist for the documentation after
decide the basic points.

Sincerely,

Tobias

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	Re: [oi-dev] Documentation Systems
Datum: 	Thu, 29 Sep 2011 21:00:57 +0200
Von: 	Tobias Famulla <uni at famulla.eu>
<oi-dev at openindiana.org>

Hello Volker,

I added the licences of the formats and the software to the document,
after my holidays.

The old documentation of OpenSolaris is licenced under Public
Documentation Licence.
http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+documentation/tmp

Sadly all documents I found about Solaris 11 Express are copyrighted by
Oracle.
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19963-01/

Because of this, the change of the format might not be that big issue,
because we only have to do it once.
Although other projects use DocBook with big success.
I sadly never used DocBook or DITA by myself, yet.

Sincerely,

Tobias

Jabber:	boti at jabber.ccc.de
ICQ: 	279837014