[OpenIndiana-discuss] Disappearing comstar luns?

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Sat Oct 8 00:45:44 UTC 2011

So I have 3 iscsi luns (based on files) for 3 windows 7 boxes.  I use them
for backup via win7 backup tool.  Two of the luns are infrequently used
(every few weeks.)  I've noticed when the person with the laptop comes over,
and I look at their disks, the iscsi "local disk" is not connected.  I then
do ' stmfadm list-lu -v' and I see that the missing ones are showing as
defined but unregistered, and I have to do ' stmfadm import-lu FILENAME' and
voila it's back.  Any idea why this might be happening?  Thanks...