[OpenIndiana-discuss] Help with website

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 00:15:34 UTC 2011

> As Bernd Helber remarked, forums can play a significant role in Linux
> distributions, as they allow users to "have conversations". It would be
> great if an initiative to create one for OI could be started.

I agree that forums are more user-friendly when you're searching for
an answer that already exists. However, I find mailing lists easier to
interact with and reply to on a regular basis. I think the reason the
OpenSolaris forums worked so well is that each forum also had a
mailing list bridged with it, so you got the best of both worlds (easy
search and easy participation). My request would be the the mailing
lists not be dumped in favor of forums, but rather set up as another
way of participating with the forums.

-J