[OpenIndiana-discuss] Customized startup commands?

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Sun Oct 9 15:44:21 UTC 2011

I was referring to the manifest comment.  Yes, I know I can diddle things
the way you described.  If we want to get people from the Linux and BSD
communities onboard, OpenSolaris should be more amenable to things like this
that almost any SysAdmin is going to do a some time or another.  I've
literally lost track of the number of times I've wanted to do something, and
the 'usual method' doesn't work, and I have to fire up google and see how
OpenSolaris does it.  And before anyone asks why I am screwing with OS when
I don't seem to like it very much, well, I need ZFS.  Linux doesn't have it
(really) yet.  BSD does, but not quite as up to date...