[OpenIndiana-discuss] Help with website

Ken Gunderson kgunders at teamcool.net
Tue Oct 11 02:38:44 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-10-10 at 19:27 -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:

> > [snip]
> >>
> >> The demo is still up at http://linuxbsdos.com/askopenindiana. If the
> >> community does not want it, if the decision makers are against it, I can
> >> just take it down. It took less than 10 minutes to put it up, and will
> >> probably take less than that to take down.
> >
> > -1
>
> That's not helpful, without giving any reason why.   You're not going to be
> forced to use it, so why deprive others who would of the opportunity to do so?
>
> If you asked a bunch of non-OpenSolaris/OpenIndiana users on whether the
> OI project should continue, and they all voted -1, would you want people
> to quit working on it?

I am referring to Vanilla forum package. So not to deprive anyone of
anything.  If OI wants to roll out a forum, I would look at other
alternatives, the specifics of wh/I did not want to hijack OP's
solicitation for feedback on vanilla demo to elaborate upon, lest this
deteriorate further.

The way to go about it, imho, is to survey the landscape and generate a
short list.  I don't think Vanilla should be on that list and have
commented as to some of the reasons why elsewhere. But I think that's a
topic for another thread.

Peace :)

--
Regards-- Ken Gunderson