[OpenIndiana-discuss] Apache error on reboot

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Tue Oct 11 16:30:45 UTC 2011

I've got a machine that I've been upgrading since about snv_64ish.
Since upgrading to OpenIndiana (and possibly slightly before) apache
doesn't come up after a reboot.  Since I don't reboot this very much I
keep forgetting about this problem.  I've having frequent power failures
lately which have caused me to shut down my servers and bring them up
later so I've been reminded again.

For some reason I end up with a permission error when it's trying to
create the /var/run/apache2/2.2 directory.  The offending line is in the
apachectl script:

mkdir -p /var/run/apache2/2.2

Which makes sense if this script is not being as root since "ls -l
/var/run" is:

drwxr-xr-x 18 root sys 3503 2011-10-10 18:29 /var/run

What needs to be fixed on my apache installation so I don't need to fix
it every boot?

Regards,
Gary