[OpenIndiana-discuss] USB wireless network LinkSys WUSB100

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Wed Oct 12 14:24:50 UTC 2011

Maxim Kondratovich wrote:
> Hello,
> please help, how to identify driver name for this device? Looks like
> this device is recognized but not added to list of my network devices...
> I tried to ifconfig usb_mid plumb but looks like it's wrong idea.

I don't believe there are any WUSB100 drivers for Solaris / OpenSolaris
/ OpenIndiana.  Someone will have to write or port one.

"usb_mid" is the driver that attaches if no vendor/class specific driver
is available.  It just attaches default drivers to the device, which
won't include Ethernet functionality (a somewhat unsettled area of the
USB world), but will include the ability to open the device with libusb
and communicate from user space.