[OpenIndiana-discuss] ce networks and aggregations

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Wed Oct 12 14:35:21 UTC 2011

Gabriele Bulfon wrote:
> Hi, I was trying to use dladm aggr to aggregate 2 networks, but the system doesn't let me.
> So I read ce network driver does not support aggregation with dladm.
> Somewhere it talks about Sun Trunking allowing the same stuff with older cards.
> Where can I find it (No Oracle points it out....) and make my two cards go double?

Is this on OpenIndiana?

If it's on Solaris, you may want Sun Trunking; talk to your local Oracle
representative.

There was (at least at one point) an alternative Cassini driver that
used GLDv3 and was thus usable with dladm.  I don't know if that ever
saw the light of day, though.  Someone on this list or (perhaps)
networking-discuss at opensolaris.org may have references.

http://sstallion.blogspot.com/2008/04/cassini-emancipation.html

A better answer, in my opinion, would be to buy some newer Ethernet
cards.  Many of them perform better than Cassini anyway.