[OpenIndiana-discuss] Static IP configuration problem

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Wed Oct 12 18:58:31 UTC 2011

On a test VM I install OpenIndiana to see how to setup a static on
install but it appears that with version 151a, the manual configure
option is no longer listed. During install it only listed automatic or
none for the network options. What is interesting is that the help for
that step mentioned manual but it was not listed.

After much searching I found some commands that worked for setting a
static IP.

svcadm disable network/physical:nwam
ipadm create-addr -t -T static -a local=xxx.xxx.xxx.xx/21 e1000g0/v4
route -p add default xxx.xxx.xxx.1

The only problem is that it doesn't keep connection setting upon reboot.
When I run the command "dladm show-link" or "dladm show-phys" it shows
the e1000g0 status as unknown until I add the ip and the route.

What am I missing to keep the IP config retention during reboots?

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
Systems Group Manager           Solaris 10 OS (SAI)
Engineering Network Services    Phone: 970-491-0630
College of Engineering, CSU     Fax:   970-491-5569
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'