[OpenIndiana-discuss] Static IP configuration problem

Lucas Van Tol catseyev9 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 12 19:23:24 UTC 2011

You may need to create
/etc/hostname.$ADAPTERNAME file(s);
i.e.
echo xxx.xxx.xxx.xx > /etc/hostname.e1000g0
(Should tell network/physical:default to plumb/ifconfig that address)
I think /etc/netmasks is where you would store the netmask?

echo $NETWORK   $NETMASK >> /etc/netmasks

It looks like you already added the route with -p; so that should stick at least...

You should also have network/physical:default enabled, as mentioned before.