[OpenIndiana-discuss] ssh sessions timing out?

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Thu Oct 13 14:23:41 UTC 2011

Dan Swartzendruber wrote:

> The HW offload thing makes no sense for me to leave enabled, since this
> is a virtual machine :)  Thanks for the tip.  Before I go that far, I
> think I'll start with just disabling ipv6 and see...

Depending on the types of drivers involved, I believe that the hardware
offload options can actually tweak real hardware bits.  There's often a
surprising amount of cooperation going on between a hypervisor and a
guest operating system.

But, sure, if you're not using it, removing the IPv6 address is a good
thing to try.  (Note that you'll almost certainly want to leave the IPv6
loopback address alone.  The v6 folks do a lot of compatibility testing
without external v6 addresses, but not without loopback.)