[OpenIndiana-discuss] new desktop configuration

yudi v yudi.tux at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 15:31:24 UTC 2011

I read that freebsd thread, frankly, I'm very suspicious of the way the
testing was done.  The point of an L2ARC is speed - so why put the L2ARC on
a USB drive?  That said, you can install a desktop version of OI and it
should be fine - I wouldn't worry about it not being stable.

I agree, it's suspect. I couldn't figure out why they were using HW RAID
with ZFS?

I would love to try openindiana, what are the things I need to watch out
for.

I would be running quite a few VMs and also have 3 monitors.

What about the hardware support under openindiana, especially GPU drivers?

--
Kind regards,
Yudi