[OpenIndiana-discuss] new desktop configuration

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Thu Oct 13 15:38:08 UTC 2011

I run OI without any problems as a desktop.  I have dual 28" monitors on
a NVIDIA card (even urban terror plays quite nicely).  I have  a hopped
up 2006 sun ultra 20 with 8 gbs of ram and a single dual core 3ghz amd
chip.  This box is also my zfs (2tb) file server for a x2200m2 and a
v40z.  I have had several vms  (xp, ubuntu, solaris) all running on it
just fine but I do not do that frequently and have not pushed it when I was.

if you have never used a bsd or solaris derivative this will definitely
be different that what you are used to (linux?).

--
Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson